Nostalgia...

For some days I was feeling the urge to watch Lord of the rings again, but I wasnt able to watch it, either due to time crunch or something or the other to do... Finally on this friday night I at 3 in the night, I decided the time has come...As the movie started, I was feeling happy, but then as the initial dialogues got over, it dawned on me that this is the first time that I am watching LOTR without a VNITian, and I started missing my friends, the g-wing...Remembering all those marathon LOTR sessions in bkg's room, with my speakers...and the other intended sessions...Then i felt like calling avd and abusing him for the most recent intended session which dint happen...
As one after another my favourite scenes came on, the one where the kids eagerly chase after gandalf, then the expressions on those cute kids faces when bilbo is narrating a story, gandalf sternly talking some sense into bilbo, gandalf explaining the markings on the ring "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them all, one ring to bring them all, and the darkness bind them", Strider's entry, Council of Elrond...and then I took some1s advice and decided to turn off my mind and sleep...
And now I am going to resume the Fellowship, but without thinking abt anything, just enjoy an awesome movie.

Comments

  1. Hey great to know you blog..!! Nice post, the first one i read..
    Even I have changed by blog from blogger to wordpress - abhishekparab.wordpress.com

    @Nostalgia - we ll unfortunately get over with this nostalgia and these yaadein will soon get buried in our hearts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we ll unfortunately get over with this nostalgia and these yaadein will soon get buried in our hearts.."
    this will happen only if v let it happn...i agree even i am guilty of not making time nowadays, but still we can pestering each other on gtalk and chain mails...some ppl change, but not all of us have to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one.....
    I too have a story to tell. During an LOTR session with Gangu and Avd - Avd was explaining to me what the story was about - the fellowship reach the Bridge of Khazad-dûm. Supposedly it's over chasm of endless depth or so Avdhut told. My immediate question (absurd as usual) was why didn't they complete the mission by throwing the Ring the in the chasm? On this, the whole party erupted into laughter. Good old VNIT days....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome...i didnt know this story...bhari :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of simple FM...