Nothing else matters...

Ever since I had got an MDI convert and made up my mind to quit Infy to pursue management studies, I was wondering how my last days in Infy would be. As the days started to pass and one by one my friends started leaving Infy for MBA, my friends who were privy to info that I am leaving Infy started asking when can they expect a formal mail about my last day from me, whether I have intimated it to PM and HR... I didnt know the reason why I hadnt spoken to either of those, part of the reason was that I didnt want to sit at home for good part of two months, but a more important reason that I realised gradually was that a part of me didnt want this to end, the part of me that had fallen in love with Infy without me realising it.
I had always heard that one can leave Infy only before 2 yrs of being with the company, else you fall in love with it, in love with the procedures, way of working, the people, the FCs, the DC as whole, and Infy as a whole. Even though I wasnt even close to completing 2 yrs, but I did fall in love with Infy.
I had never thought that I would be sad when the day would come for me to leave Infy. I had considered quitting Infy while I was posted in Trivandrum, but for some reason I continued working in Trivandrum and slogged for CAT. Infact at that time leaving Infy was the biggest motivating factor for me to put efforts for CAT.
Coming back to my last few days in Infy...
I was wondering how my last day would be...would my teammates throw me a farewell party, or whether my friends from Phase 1 and 2 would make time for a last lunch together, would they have time for leisurely roaming in the campus for one last time...and wat not...

I finally told my PA about my plan to leave Infy for higher studies, who told my PM...My PM asked me to file an e-sep on 4th June with 5th as my separation date. All my plans about my last day came crashing as I realised that I didnt even have time to see the entire campus one last time as there were loads of clearances to be completed. The last two days in Infy for me turned to really hectic, especially the last day, signing off various clearances, mailing friends to inform them of my last day in Infy, recieving hate mail from some who felt offended that I didnt inform them earlier, having grand lunch with some friends, and for the last time eating gelato in Infy, clicking random snaps...After finally signing off all the clearances, and returning my Id i went to collect my interim relieving letter, only to findout after waiting for nearly an hour that it wont be generated today, and that they would be sending it to my address instead...
So finally I decided to roam around in the DC without my Id, visiting the cricket ground one last time, observing the fountain last time, having snacks in FC1 for the last time...All that had become such an important part of my life that this was when I finally realised why I was procrastinating informing about my decision to leave Infy, I had become accustommed to life as an Infoscion, working in awesome DC, with friends there all the time, just a ping away...It was when I was no more an Infoscion, did I realise how much I loved being one...
As I left from the main gate, I even talked a lot with the security while they were checking my bag... Even after coming out of the DC, I spent good 5 mins simply looking at it, wondering how different the new life would be, how would it feel when I wake up the next day and dont have to get ready to go to the office, no more running to swipe in, no more swipe-outs, no more single swipes... No more HR mails to crib about over coffee...
Finally I had the delicious mango juice from outside phase 2 main gate, for the last time, not even minding the ciggarette smoke for a change, for it didnt matter, nothing mattered above the fact that a chapter of my life was coming to a close, forever to be spoken of just a '19 month work-ex with Infosys', though it will always be more than just a work-ex...

Comments

  1. Who doesnt fall in love with infy!!!!its sad that we realize it only when we leave it..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. true...u realise it wen its too late, and cant do anything abt it... :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nostalgia...

Beauty of simple FM...